Thursday, March 24, 2011

The last weeks

During the past few months, since my final reflection in January, I have remained to pursue some of my CAS activities, at least the ones that I still could pursue.

I've continued writing poetry, which can be found on the blog that I posted a link to earlier. I've further improved my bass playing techniques, by practicing the so-called spider technique. I've learned more chords on my guitar (I can now play 10 different chords) and have continued to write music.

I have also played football. I had the chance to join a school team in a competition with local schools in and around Colombo and did so. We won one match by 5:1 and lost our semi-finals by 1:0.

I've dealt with some issues concerning passing on CAS leadership. I passed it on to two eleventh-graders, both of whom were happy to take it on. As soon as the first responsibilities came around however, they wanted to push it off to me. I made it clear that I have officially passed on leadership and that it is now their job to take care of DAWG, but offered to answer any questions they may have.

Overall, I feel that I have remained to be active, even though most strongly in Creativity. Nevertheless, I don't see a reason why I should completely stop anytime soon. I'm planning on being active in my future community, wherever that may be.

0 comments: